The “Largest Annual Student Arts Festival in the South!”
ArtBreak 2014 celebrates 30 years as the showcase event for the art programs and artistic achievements of students in Caddo and Bossier Parish Schools.
April 21-27, 2014
FREE PUBLIC FESTIVAL
at the SHREVEPORT CONVENTION CENTER
Friday, April 25, 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Saturday, April 26, 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
Sunday, April 27, 12:30 noon – 5:00 pm
Highlights of the ArtBreak Festival include:
- ArtBreak Awards Ceremony on Sunday, April 27th at 2:00 pm
- ArtBreak showcases more than 2,500 original visual and literary artworks created by students in grades K-12!
- ArtBreak Jurors award $15,000 in Savings Bonds, Prizes & Trophies to more than 100 Caddo and Bossier Visual, Literary, and Performing Student Artists! Plus…after the judges make their decisions, they MUST DEFEND their choices to 200 students who learn the technique of critique, in turn, awarding the “Students’ Choice” Awards!
- The VERY SPECIAL ARTS FESTIVAL is dedicated to serving ALL students with physical and/or mental disabilities in Northwest Louisiana with guest artists showing how they use their disabilities as abilities to create Art!!
- ArtBreak invites everyone to visit each Caddo and Bossier School by viewing over 100 School Exhibit Booths featuring outstanding student artwork and artistic achievements!
- ArtBreak showcases more than 100 student performances on three stages by Caddo and Bossier Schools’ performing arts programs.
- ArtBreak showcases performances and activities created by community organizations and professional artists!
CADDO–BOSSIER CELEBRATE EDUCATION
- More than 50,000 students, parents, teachers and festival-goers from Northwest Louisiana participate in the week-long CADDO – BOSSIER CELEBRATE EDUCATION extravaganza at the Shreveport Convention Center!
- ArtBreak is part of the extravaganza that includes a week long celebration of learning with field trips to the KTBS–3 Summer Reading Festival for all 2nd Graders, Very Special Arts Festival and the ArtBreak 3rd Grade Days Learning Fest for students in Caddo and Bossier Schools.
- More than 9,000 public and private 3rd grade students from Northwest Louisiana participate in ArtBreak’s 3rd Grade Days learning Hands-On INTERDISCIPLINARY Activities taught by Professional Artists.